Skip to main content

Comment Wall

My Storybook.

Comments

  1. Hi Paige! I had a chance to read through your storybook project website for my project feedback assignment, and your project is one that clearly stood out to me because, well, I love food. I love the images that you used at the top of your website pages. They almost made me hungry, and they do a great job of engaging visitors to your website. I read through your introduction, and I am very excited to continue reading through your project as the semester progresses. I like how you are taking one character from the Indian epics and using this character to discuss a food or group of foods in your project. This is a very clever way of presenting your topic in relation to the epics. You might have a totally different direction that you are planning to go with this project, but I think it would be very cool if you also included some links to recipes as you discuss the foods. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! I love food. I will definitely be revisiting your blog frequently throughout the semester to read about the food of the Indian Epics! I like that your introduction clearly lays out the three different stories that you are going to be writing. My only recommendation would be switching up the format of your introduction from a paragraph to a list. It might help separate the three different story ideas. I think it would be cool if you found a way to incorporate well-known Indian recipes into your writing. The pictures that you use in your blog are fantastic. I probably made a mistake reading your blog at lunch time... because I'm hungry now. You’ve done a great job laying out a seamless and pretty website for your storybook. I think you have chosen a really unique and interesting storybook topic. I look forward to reading more and finding out about the role of food in Indian Epics. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paige! I love your idea for your storybook! Your introduction was super intriguing because it gave enough information about the stories that you are going to publish to make me look forward to coming back to read them when you post them. Although this may go against your original vision, one suggestion that I have would be to maybe include less details about the stories in your introduction if they are the ones that you are going to use for the storybook so that they aren't spoilers for those who want to see how the relationship between the characters of the story and the food evolve together. You can ponder the idea of maybe spending less words talking about what exactly happens in the stories and instead talk about why you chose to write about food and what role food plays in the Indian epics you write about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paige! First of all I want to say that the first thing that I noticed when taken to your introduction page was the picture of yummy food! What a great way to get us excited and interested since food is life and most all people can relate! I look forward to reading your stories about the gods, their love for food and the quest for it. I would maybe recommend talking a little bit less about the stories and giving more hints to what you will be talking about along with some more background information on why food is important in these stories. I would also maybe consider spacing your ideas in a different way to help the flow a bit. Anyway, I really like your storybook idea, it’s super creative and will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paige,

    When I saw food I got really excited so it already got my attention. I like how you are picking different gods to focus on in different parts of your story. This way it will be more interesting and also the readers get to learn about different gods. Your introduction was very good in informing the readers what we will be reading about so there are so surprises. Also the readers can pick what they want to read first. One thing I recommend is talking briefly about what you will talk about so in your story you can talk more about your stories so it will be something new for us to read. Right now it seems like you have summarized your story that you will be writing. Maybe leave a little suspense but over all your introduction was great and I am really looking forward to learning more about the gods and things they liked along with food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paige! While I was looking through the different storybooks and portfolios, yours definitely caught my attention! This could be due to my immense hunger at this moment... But, I love food. Therefore, I will be most definitely checking out the stories you will be writing this semester! I believe your introduction was great! It was precise and gave a great overview of what will be expected for the rest of the semester making it easy for the readers to navigate! One thing I would recommend, is that I didn't see a comment link on your story book. However, this may just be me and I couldn't find it. However, overall, I believe you are going to be writing some great stories this semester! I look forward to them. Have a great OU/Texas weekend! If you are driving, be safe! I hope you have a great semester! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paige, this is certainly an interesting topic! I love that we will get to learn more about Indian culture from your stories, with a focus on food. As opposed to focusing on the Gods or different characters, I like how you are taking an important sect of life and transforming it into a story book. One thing I was surprised by was that a God such as Krishna like butter so much. Butter seems like such a simple food but it is interesting that it is his food of choice. One thing that I am curious about is kheer. It seems so odd that kheer would give you the power to conceive a son, and I am excited to learn more about it. One thing that would be interesting would be the foundations of the food as well. Overall, I am looking forward to reading the rest of your stories, and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Paige! I have to admit that I am so jealous of your topic! I am a huge baker and I love to cook as well, so anything that has to do with food seems to catch my eye quickly. I also really love the picture that you chose on your homepage, as it is bright with many colors, and also makes me want to go eat some delicious Indian food at my favorite Indian restaurant, Taj, in Oklahoma City (you should check it out, for research purposes of course haha). Moving on to your introduction page, I again enjoyed the bright picture and also appreciated the background information that you gave on the topic that you chose. I love how you decided to connect the Gods with their favorite foods, because it helps the reader to not only stay engaged, but also makes it easy to remember! Overall, you're doing a great job, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Paige,
    This is a very different but interesting topic! I am really going to enjoy learning about the Indian culture but with a twist of food through your storybook website. Whereas most storybooks are focusing on the characters or different gods, so it will be refreshing reading your stories. The pictures you used at the top of your website really set up your storybook well and I like them! Your introduction really does a good job at introducing each story and giving some insight to what will come in each story. It was very interesting and genius how you decided to connect the gods with their favorite foods, and it gave me as the reader means to remember the gods but remember something they are related to. As well talking about their favorite food made it easier for me to stay engaged in the reading! Your storybook is looking great, so keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Paige,

    Such a great topic haha! Your topic is very different from everyone else's, but I love it! Food is definitely a topic where you can drag in your readers, because it's just so interesting to learn about food! I enjoyed your introduction as it was very detailed and let the readers know what they could potentially be reading. Great storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paige! Your topic is great and very light-hearted, which is nice. Adding in the facts about Indian food was really interesting and added spice to your introduction. I enjoyed learning about the rice pudding and that mango is the Indian national fruit. I also liked Hanuman's character development at the beginning of the story. What else about his background/character can you tell the reader? Why did his mother leave and what was the context for this? The light-hearted parts of your story would be nicely complimented by some deeper discussion of Hanuman's life. It might be a good idea to introduce Lord Indra more too. He kind of came out of nowhere and I got a bit confused. You could also explain more about why Hanuman needs a teacher and what he can learn from Suryadeva. Why does Suryadeva eventually decide to help Hanuman? Tying the story to Rama and Sita was a good way to end the story and leave the reader with anticipation for things to come. Great storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Paige!
    I enjoyed reading through your story book. I can definitely relate with Hanuman. I love mango and if I could fly, maybe I would also try to take a bite of the sun, and that mango picture you used as the banner page for that story looks so good! I also really like that in the author’s note you talk about how sometimes a mistake as a child can lead to something greater. It’s a good lesson, and I probably wouldn’t have seen this story in that viewpoint without reading that in your author’s note. I’m definitely curious as to see how your other stories turn out, and your introduction did a great job at introducing your stories. I am interested to see how you’ll create the stories of Dasharatha and the kheer as well as Krishna and his love for ghee. Look forward to reading those later this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Paige! Your project was the one project that I chose to read this week, and I am so glad I did. As a college student, decent food is basically a luxury at this point. So naturally, when I saw that your project was titled "The Epics of Food" I knew I had to read it! And boy oh boy, it did not disappoint. You did such a great job setting up your website, and your background images basically had me salivating. I love the story of Hanuman, and him running into some issues due to his love of mangos. Hanuman was one of my favorite characters in this section of the class. Makes sense that the monkey would wind up in some funky predicament due to his love of mangos. Your writing flows so well, and I cannot wait to read more of your project in the future. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Paige!
    Your project was perfectly written! Everyone loves food so I understand why you chose this topic! I really enjoyed reading about how much Hanuman loved his mangoes and how hard he tried to get the best looking mango he could find! I liked the images you used and that mango sure looked delicious! I liked how Hanuman tried and tried to get that mango, only to find out it wasn't a mango! I liked how the events lead to everyone almost dying because of mangoes! It was perfect to end the story with Hanuman becoming friends with Suryadeva and being taught by Suryadeva as well! Now that you've made me hungry, I'm going to go eat me some food and maybe get a mango! Although they aren't in season... I'll find them. Good job with your stories and I can't wait for the third one! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Paige!
    Your project is amazing. You have obviously put so much effort into making this look so great. Your writing is so fantastic, I wanted to just keep reading more. I love the attention to detail that you've kept in all of your stories. The pictures that you have chosen are so perfect, as well. That mango looks so amazing and I am totally craving all this food now. I really love the little twists you have done to the originals. You are very talented and creative and this project really shows off your skills. I hope to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paige! Your storybook looks amazing. You’re the only one that I know who has chosen this food topic so far! I bet it is fun to look through the web and do some research on delicious types of Indian cuisines. Your introduction is outstanding. It is so cool that you can write about Gods and their favorite types of food. The descriptions you have put in your introduction has provided enough information for the readers to take on. Great job! Also, the images that you have added to your storybook is straight on fire. It’s simple yet looks very delicious! It was great to learn more about these types of gods from your characters of the storybook. I never knew that Hanuman loves his mangoes! It was also very interesting when you added a twist to your Sun Mango story that Hanuman would get in trouble by the Sun of God. Overall, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Paige! I'm so glad that we were able to pick a project that we wanted to visit this week! I think that you're idea is so extremely creative and was excited to see what kind of awesome stories you were going to come up with!
    I must say that you're storybook is very visually pleasing, I mean who doesn't like food?
    I really liked the story about Hanuman and the sun mango. I believe I've read this story somewhere else and I think that you did a great story of touching on it and adding your own flare! Hanuman is one of my favorite gods and I also wrote about him, he's such an important character and so extremely mischievous! I also found the story about kheer and Rama's birth very interesting as I had no idea.
    Have you heard about all of the food festivals in India? I must say that I'm intrigued to go, and especially after reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Paige! Your storybook is so creative, and you seem really well-informed about Indian cuisine. I love how you are taking staple food items and applying them to original stories, focusing on how the food is important not on in the story, but for the culture as well! It is a really wonderful idea that anyone can relate to and understand.

    Your introduction was good, because it was very informative and let me know what to expect, as well as some other information that was cool to know.

    Your first story was good, but it feel like a summary as opposed to a story. I would love to see some action and detail put into it. It can be such a visual and imaginative story, that it would be awesome to just have a little bit more to it. Otherwise, the story was very cute and I liked it.

    Your second story had more of the action that I think your first story needs. It also had strong imagery, which is always a great addition to any story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Paige,

    Your storybook has added a story since the last time I wrote on your wall! I enjoyed it once again and you were very informative in your story. You seem to have done a lot of research over Indian cuisine to create a story that applies the whole food scenery. Great imagery and use of gods. I like how you described the Kheer and applied that into your story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Paige! I really enjoyed your storybook! I especially liked that it was about food. I am such a fanatic about anything food related hah! I did not know that India had a national fruit but it is pretty cool that is the mango. I personally love mangoes! For your second story, Kheer, sounds like something similar we have in Mexican culture which we call "arroz con leche." It is so yummy! I think I want to find a place that serves kheer and give it a try! Your third story also sounds pretty interesting! I can't wait to check back up when you have that uploaded! I can't imagine someone have such a passion for eating butter but I suppose to each their own! If I could bribe a god with butter I guess that'd be pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Paige! I still really love your topic. Your stories are really interesting, but I would love to see them be more active. At the moment, the stories are really strong passive stories that tell as opposed to show. You are going a great job of telling me things, but I think it would be awesome if you could also show us parts of the story. Showing really uses imagery, dialogue, and action-centered verbs. An example would be Dasharatha performing the sacrifices.
    "Dasharatha performed two sacrifices" is an example of passive storytelling. To change it into active storytelling, you could do something like: Dasharatha first built a fire upon which he would sacrifice a horse... and then describing what's going on. Making it active can sometimes mean just expanding what you have to include descriptions and action.
    I know that the sacrifices aren't what your story is about, but you can do this sort of thing with other parts of your story - the ones that are important to you and the theme. I would recommend turning the part where they are receiving and eating the food into active voice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paige! I really love the topic of your Storybook because well, I really love food. But who doesn't, right? I like that your stories are about Indian foods, especially popular Indian foods. I'm Indian and I myself did not know that the national fruit of India was mango. I'm not surprised though because mangos are everywhere in India and most people love them. I also love the food kheer so I enjoyed reading the story about it. Your stories were fun to read but I think they would be better if you had some dialogue or more imagery in them. I think using imagery really sets the scene for stories. I think the second one definitely did have more of that though. The pictures you've used as banner pictures are really good though! Practically made my mouth water just looking at them. But overall, you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Paige!
    Your kheer story was great! I've never had kheer before but now I really want to try it some time! It reminds me of something I had in Mongolia that was really good and probably my favorite breakfast item they served at the camp I was at! I really enjoyed reading about how much Dasharatha wanted a son and how hard he tried to have a son to be the next great king! I liked the image you used to show what kheer looked like! Its interesting that Dasharatha performed the rituals and then served kheer to his wives as a way to show how bad he wanted a son! Then he got four sons! Of course, the one who ate the most kheer gave him the next great king! Good job showing the importance of food in this story!Keep up the good work and I hope finals go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Paige! I really like your “Introduction” of The Epics of Food" story! In fact, your storybook is my favorite of all time! I’ve read countless many other storybooks and portfolios, but yours is truly unique. I particularly liked how you introduced your story. It really caught my attention when you mentioned about gods and their interaction with food. Hanuman is my favorite Indian god and like you mentioned in the story, he loved mangos and would even fight the Sun God to get what he wanted. I didn’t know the word Mango came from India and it’s their national fruit. Your story is also incredibly informative. I like how the story tells about Dasharatha’s longing and desire for having a son to fight his enemies. Mmm. It sounds so yummy: “Kheer is an extremely popular dish in India, it is a rice pudding that is most often eaten as a dessert.” And it also has holy significance as well. I also like how the story mention about butter and its significance (I’m big fan of butter). Thank you for a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Paige!
    I really enjoyed reading your storybook project, and especially loved that it's about food. I think you did a great job on writing about how the different foods relate to the gods. I thought your introduction was well written and did a good job getting my attention. Also, I had no idea that the word mango came from India. It doesn't surprise me considering it's a pretty popular fruit in India. In addition, it was cool to learn about kheer and it's connection with Dasharatha. It's one of my favorite sweets to have during festivals or holidays, so it was nice to learn more about it. I liked how you also talked about butter and its significance. Butter or better known as ghee is definitely a huge part of the Indian culture. Overall, I thought you did a great job on your project! I hope your semester ends well and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me

My name is Paige Phillips, Im 21 and I am currently a senior here at OU. Im from Tulsa, Oklahoma and I always knew that I wanted to come to OU. I am the youngest of two brothers and I have two amazing parents. I also have a wiener dog named oscar, he is the best dog ever if I do say so myself. My major is criminology with a minor in social justice, I plan on going to law school this next Fall. I love my major and one day I hope to be a prosecutor for the child crisis unit. This past summer I had an internship with a law firm and I absolutely loved it, I am extremely exited for my future career. I am a member of Delta Delta Delta and have made some amazing friends through the greek experience. In my spare time I like to hangout with my friends and occasionally go see movies. In the future I would also like to travel to Greece, it is on my bucket list to go there some day. I think Greece is one of the most beautiful countries. Another fact about me is that I love Chinese food,  it has al

Week 13 Story: The Well Trained Dog

Once upon a time, there was a king a lived in a kingdom that he loved very much. The king was well liked and he was known to be a kind man. One day he decided he wanted a dog as a pet. He called upon one of his workers and told him to find the most special dog he could. The worker did exactly that, he traveled all over until he came upon a man that gave him a small puppy. This puppy had the brightest blue eyes that anyone had ever seen and his coat had the most beautiful shades of white and grey. The worker knew this was a special dog, so he paid the man and returned back to the kingdom. When he returned he presented the puppy to the king, he was ecstatic. He knew the dog was special and he could not wait to show him off. The king put his dog on the most exotic leash he could find and went out to walk around the kingdom. People were stopping in their tracks to look at the dog. Everyone who saw this puppy was amazed at its beauty and poise. The dog didn't bark, bite or disobey, it